Heart in Michigan (Upper and Lower) | Heartsticker Co.
Here are a few fun facts about Michigan that you or may not know.
- Even though Florida is known as the peninsula state, Michigan is the only state that consists of 2 (upper and lower).
- The world’s largest limestone quarry is located within Rogers City.
- Traverse City is the cherry capitol of the world and hosts an annual week-long Cherry Festival every year in July.
- Michigan touches more of the Great Lakes than other state and also has the longest fresh water shoreline.
- In 1879, Detroit became the first city of the nation to have telephone numbers.
- Speaking of Detroit, this city sits atop one of the world’s largest salt mines. Estimated to have more than 77 million YEARS of salt available, according to today’s salt rate consumption.
- Kalamazoo was the original home of Gibson Guitars.